General | Festival Sections | Preview Copy | Published Data | Selection Procedure, confirmation and cancellation | Screening Copy | Legal | Fees | Contact and Mailing Adress | Award Founders | Film Submission
The 25th INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM WEEK REGENSBURG (short: SHORT FILM WEEK) is expected to take place from 13 to 24 March 2019. The festival is sponsored by the non-profit association Arbeitskreis Film Regensburg e.V. (AKF).
With the submission to our festival the following conditions are accepted:
1 Only short films up to a maximum length of 30 minutes are accepted.
2. The year of production of the submitted film is 2017 or 2018.
3. Only one film submission per filmmaker/director is allowed.
4. Films submitted in previous years may not be submitted again.
5. Submission period is from 02 July to 31 October 2018 inclusive.
6) The allocation to a competition category is determined by the country of production. For more information, see festival sections.
7. The pre-selection committee also proposes individual films from the submissions for special programmes.
8. A screening fee (film rental) is not paid for submissions.
9) A submission fee of EUR 10 will be charged for participation in the International Competition from August 1st. See also Fees.
10. SHORT FILM WEEK reserves the right to make changes.
The organizers reserve the right to move individual films to other categories. It may also be decided to allow films of excessive length. All submissions will be reviewed by at least two independent persons. The juries will be present during the festival and will view with the audience. Under certain circumstances, this may not be the case.
1. International Competition
Open to all genera, genre and production countries. Maximum film length: 30 minutes.
Entry fee: EUR 10.
Jury: International Jury, Jury of the Young, Architecture Film Jury, Audience.
Possible prices: Short Film Award of the Bavarian Broadcasting Corporation (Main Festival Award, EUR 5,000), Short Film Award of the City of Regensburg (EUR 1,000), Architecture Film Award (EUR 1,500), Cinema Pub Award (Audience Award, EUR 333).
2. German Competition
Only for productions from Germany. Open to all species. Maximum film length: 30 minutes.
Entry fee: none
Jury: German jury, architecture jury, audience.
Possible prices: Candis Award (Best Film, EUR 1,500), Max Bresele Memorial Award (EUR 500), Architecture Film Award (EUR 1,500), Cinema Pub Award (Audience Award, EUR 333).
3. Window to Architecture
Only for films from the EU-countries. Open to all species. Maximum film length: 30 minutes.
Entry fee: none
Only for films that are particularly concerned with the subject of architecture.
Jury: Architecture film jury.
Prize: Architecture Film Award (EUR 1,500).
4. Window to Bavaria
Only for productions from the Free State of Bavaria. Open to all species. Maximum film length: 30 minutes.
Entry fee: none
Jury: FFF Bayern Jury, Architecture Jury.
Possible prices: FFF Bavaria Award (EUR 1,500), Architecture Film Award (EUR 1,500).
5. Window to the Region
Only for productions from Eastern Bavaria (German postcode ranges starting with: 84, 92, 93 and 94). Open to all species. Maximum film length: 30 minutes.
Entry fee: none
Jury: FFF Bayern Jury, Regionalfenster Jury.
Possible prices: FFF Bavaria Award (EUR 1,500), mittelbayerische.de Award (EUR 500).
6. Special Programs
Film submissions can be screened in the special programme or in the competition. The special programmes are curated programmes from submissions and/or archive films. Special programmes include, for example, school events, country focus programmes, children’s and youth programmes.
The selection is incumbent on the respective curators. The request for a special program also includes a short description of the program.
1. Preview copies in non-English or non-German language must have fixed English subtitles.
Trailers will not be accepted.
3. Submissions requiring registration for download or review will be ignored.
4. Submissions that are postponed/deleted during the review phase will be ignored.
5. Password-protected submissions for which there is no password or an incorrect password will be ignored.
6. Do not send unsolicited additional information material (dialogue list, trailers, press material, etc.).
1. the information of the selected films for the catalogue and the website, in particular contact, film metadata and synopsis, will be used as the basis for the editorial preparation as indicated on submission.
2. Submitter are aware that information about the film, especially names of contributors and contact data will be published in printed matter and on the website.
3. SHORT FILM WEEK reserves the right to make changes.
Selection Procedure, Approvals and Rejections
1. Each submission will be evaluated by at least two independent evaluators and proposed for the competition and/or special programmes.
The final selection of the competition films as a list is expected to be published on the homepage of KURZFILMWOCHE on February 1, 2019 and also on the social networks of KURZFILMWOCHE.
In addition, the submission of a selected film will be contacted by email and possibly asked for additional material or a demonstration copy. The submitter is responsible for providing a correct e-mail address.
4. In the case of submission via a short film custody account, the status and receipt of notification of the submission must be checked.
5. A withdrawal of a selected film by the submitter must be reported no later than 5 days after official acceptance.
6. Cancellation of submission is usually made by 15 February 2019 by email.
1. All rights, including music and image rights, are incumbent on the submitter.
2 The KURZFILMWOCHE, or the Arbeitskreis Film Regensburg e.V., assumes no liability. Any claims of third parties will be forwarded to the submitting party.
3. The KURZFILMWOCHE is granted the temporary right to submit a short film free of charge within the framework of the festival. This includes the provision in the local media library for accredited trade visitors, school presentations, application for the short film week (excerpts for the trailer), as well as exploitation within the framework of pre and post-flight programmes (such as audience favourites and award-winning films) a maximum of two weeks before and after the festival.
4. Unless expressly prohibited, the SHORT FILM WEEK archives a copy of the preview file of the films shown in the festival archive.
5. Screening copies are insured with the copy value.
6. Sending of demonstration copies from non-EU countries must be accompanied by the customs declaration “For cultural purposes only, shipment has no commercial value”. The proforma invoice may not exceed EUR/US$ 10.00.
7. If additional costs for the SHORT FILM WEEK should arise due to an incorrect statement, these will be invoiced to the submitting party.
8. The submitter is responsible for the timely delivery of the demonstration copy and bears all costs thereof. The festival assumes the costs for a timely forwarding or return.
1. A submission fee of EUR 10 will be charged for the International Competition from August 1.
2. Small expenses are incurred for the service of the shortfilmdepot submission platform. The SHORT FILM WEEK has no influence on this.
3. The SHORT FILM WEEK creates DCI-compliant and tested DCPs. The festival copy can be purchased for further use for a fee. Please contact Philipp Weber for more details.
Contact and postal address
The contact options are here listed.
The KURZFILMWOCHE would like to thank the prize donors and long-term partners:
Bayerischer Rundfunk, City of Regensburg, FFF Bayern, Schmack Immobilen GmbH, Mittelbayerische.de, Architekturkreis Regensburg, TANO, Bund Deutscher Bauherren, Kartenhauskollektiv, Kinokneipe, Filmgalerie.
Submission is possible from July to 31 October.
Submit your film now!